The Ecumenical Forum of European Christian Women is an international, church-related organisation that is active in 30 European countries. EFECW is a network of women from all Christian Traditions. EFECW was founded in 1982 in Gwatt Switzerland. Its main aims are:
- to find and strengthen a common European identity;
- to strengthen the women’s ecumenical network in order to develop a deeper
- ecumenical understanding for one another;
- to promote initiatives for peace, justice and reconciliation;
- to commit ourselves to action for the care of God’s creation;
- to commit ourselves to action on behalf of women’s rights, which are human rights
This happens through educational workshops, meetings, publications about issues like: Ecumenism and Ecumenical Sharing; Inter-religious and inter-cultural dialogue; Social, political and economic training; Ethical and ecological training; Human rights; Empowerment of women /leadership; Peace and Reconciliation.
All women, both on European and national level, work on a voluntary basis.